Thursday, January 3, 2008

Quick Update

I have not been feeling much like taking pictures of the house...and for some reason I feel bad about posting without pictures...so I haven't been posting.

But here's a quick recap of the last 2 months.

November 4th or so, we moved in. Exciting, yay!

I lose almost all motivation to work on the house other than some organizing and cleaning, and barely any of that either!

We decide we can't afford to redo the kitchen, so we focus on insulating and drywalling the living room and spare room.

Around December 10th or so our toilet decided to explode (not literally of course). We are very sad. The plumber who comes to see if the drain is plugged tells us his best suggestion is to MOVE THE BATHROOM. Ridiculous. Apparently the one pipe we didn't replace because it was buried under the ground has worn out and most likely partially collapsed. Michael and I simultaneously wonder if the house is actually becoming a money pit.

We move back in with my parents. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Michael has a plan that seems like it will not cost a bazillion dollars and will not take forever. I am optimistic that we will be able to move back in before the end of January. Unfortunately the plan involves ripping up half of our beautiful tile, and therefore the remainder of the warm tile system that was working, but we do have 2 extra boxes of tile, so hopefully we will be okay.

So now I just need to get back to actually helping with the house and hopefully I will be back to taking pictures and making progress soon!

And because I feel bad posting without pictures, here is a photo of my adorable niece:


2 comments:

Jen said...

Can you by-pass the old pipe with a new one and leave the old one buried in the ground? Good luck and hang in there... Your house will be beautiful and very valuable one day.... Once we moved in, I took a break from renovating too.

Our Little Bungalow said...

Sorry you had to rip so much up. I don't even want to think that might be our problem.....don't even want to go there.
But your bathroom looks so nice! (Even if the tile isn't heated!)