Monday, May 21, 2007

Exhaustion












It's the end of our second day in the house, and we are TIRED!

Yesterday we tore out the carpet to find beautiful hardwood, which was very exciting :) Then we painted our temporary bedroom, cleaned the floor and enjoyed hanging out in the house.

Today I worked a half day, and Michael ran to Lowe's and got everything we need to do the roof. It took several trips, but it's all in the yard now. We also got our giant dumpster delivered, and the water was finally turned on!

It doesn't seem like we've made too much progress, but at least it's a start. I managed to get up on the roof today, but it's going to take awhile before I'm comfortable up there. Michael and I are devising a winch system to get all the materials on the roof, as the shingles are very very heavy.

I'm posting a few pics from our first day, including one of my mom who was helping us out with the painting, and Michael examining the bizarre gate to nowhere, and the crazy remnants of the carpet in the dining room, our beautiful front door, and the poor cat who decided to stay at the house until today.

No comments: