Thursday, May 24, 2007

Progress Update


Michael has ripped all of the shingles, and some of the old sheathing off of the roof. It looks like we have almost perfect roofing weather for the next 10 days, but we are still anxious to get it done as soon as possible. It's hard though when it get's up to almost 90 degrees during the day. I'm hoping to help as much as I can this weekend - I'm already more comfortable up on the roof after my second time up there on Wednesday.


Last night we ordered our bathroom tiles which was exciting, but took an annoyingly long time. It probably wouldn't have seemed so bad if we weren't so tired. But the order is in, and we should have them in 7 to 10 days, which is probably well before we'll actually be ready to put them in. I've attached a photo of the tiles we chose, we love them - although I'm not sure the photo does them justice, they are 1" hex and should really suit the style we're going for, and the black is glossy. We've also decided to do a tall beadboard on the walls, paint the outside of the clawfoot tub black, and do a 2" border of black square tiles. We think it will look great!


sandy

No comments: